Doing production tech in some sense is an exercise in risk management and crisis aversion.
Video recording tips
Lessons learnt from recording boo-boos… uh, I mean learnt from 'the field'
- Disable sleep mode
- or Audacity *will* stop recording (recording will pause)
- Consider recording using clean HDMI output to a PC, over in-camera recording
- When doing longer recordings, the Canon DSLR (5D mark iii) will loose about 16 seconds between new files as you record in-camera. For example, this happens whenever the current file goes over the size limit.
- You don't need a clapperboard, but clapping does help with the syncing process. Record the audio on the DSLR even if you're doing audio via other means, to help you sync!
- Things to check BEFORE uploading to YouTube:
- Audio levels
- Transitions between clips
- Hold slides for longer, as on playback there will be lag
- OBS - do a test recording (output may not be FFMPEG, may have duplicate audio inputs…) or you might have to reshoot it all!!!
video_recording_tips.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/13 22:45 by superuser